Tuesday, November 01, 2005

October Half-Term Day Seven

Another lunch date. This time in Stoke Newington, north London. I was puzzled by the sight of loose groups of men, anoraks, huddled near Clapton Pond. All had cameras, old fashioned SLRs, around their necks. A man walked round the corner in a black mac holding a purple and white funeral wreath. I caught a glimpse of the card on the front – RIP R.. B..
I will admit that my first thought was Ronnie Biggs! The letters went nicely together but then I spotted it. The Routemaster Bus. The last day of the no 38. Later on in the day we had to get off the 106 and walk. Nothing was moving due to the crowds outside Clapton bus station. It was a sad moment. An overwhelmingly male one.



Abney Park Cemetery was a first for me. Where I grew up in Romford there is a massive well-laid out cemetery that is carefully looked after. The wild cemeteries of north London are totally different. Nature takes its course.




Well, I am very slowly getting there. Two days back at school and I am still trying to get half-term covered. It's the pesky photos.


No comments: