Friday, April 14, 2006

...Update...

After taking the digital card thing from my camera to Jimmy Chung's for processing, where admittedly I pay more, for good service and flattery (“Good photos, Emma, good photos”) than I would in somewhere like Boots, I set off up the escalators to the library which is temporarily housed above Asda.

The man on the Information Desk did not fill me with confidence. A weak, weedy and ineffectual Mr Muscle type. He listened intently to my pin problem, took my library card, stared at the monitor for a moment or two and wandered off. He came back with Joyce. She didn't need a badge to announce her position as Senior Librarian. Robust and confident she would not have been out of place during the Blitz. I imagined her with her sleeves rolled up ready to charge into the fray.

We exchanged knowing looks. I'm not sure what about. She seemed to take a shine to me. Within moments I had learnt everything that was wrong with the new system and how she was clearly the person to put it right. I was in no doubt - I would be leaving with a functioning pin.

Not only can I decide where I want to pick up my reserved book from I can choose how I am notified – post, email or SMS. All I have to do now is wait.

1 comment:

Doug said...

YAY! I am so glad you had a positive library experience! We aren't all bad!