Thursday, April 06, 2006

Once the beigels have defrosted, I'm off into uncharted territory. Kensington. I blame Colin.

Devoid of inspiration yesterday I asked him to pick a number between 1 and 3. 2. Another number between 1 and 30. 2.

These numbers correspond to the three books of London walks I have (and the order in which I acquired them) and the walks contained therein. Colin has chosen Kensington in Andrew Duncan's Walking London.

When I say, which I frequently do, that I love London I am referring to the east, the City and parts of the West End. I don't do west or south.

If we were to play a word association game Kensington would be followed by Princess of Wales. I shall spare you my opinions on her as some of you would probably find them offensive. Let's just say I have never been, and never will be, a fan.

Being in the habit of treading familiar paths I use the walking guides more for teasing out snippets of information and for finding slightly less obvious places– I don't follow the walks and I don't take the books with me. All that is about to change.

I'm just wondering if I popped to my mum's first whether or not I might find a distress flare in the garden shed...

1 comment:

liits said...

two things,
1. Princess Di = Old slag.
2. The Blue Plaque Guide is a a great book. It divides the waks up by catagory of person, composer, artist, scientist, writer etc etc. I cheated when I did them, I did them at night and on a bike.