Monday, April 17, 2006

Ann


I harbour a deep rooted fascination with Ann Widdecombe. I disgree, quite passionately, with much - if not all - of what she says but I love her nonetheless.

'Why?' you are probably asking. She is a straight-talking, no-nonsense politician who is quite clear about what she believes in.

I had to laugh when I read that she had shamed two 'fathers for justice protesters' down from the precipices of Westminster Abbey with the admonishment they were making old people stand on the green rather than enter the church for their Good Friday service. Faced with Widdecombe the protesters didn't stand a chance. I'm just sad it wasn't filmed.

3 comments:

coolbuddha said...

Know what you mean. She does not seem to take herself too seriously (wasn't she a judge on ITV's Fit/Fat Club?)Her political views are a bit pooh, but who can forget "something of the night"?

Hobbit's Journal said...

I'm ok ta, still very much alive, and thanks for your message, I did mail you but your frise email doesn't seem to get a reponse back, unless of course you no longer use that one?

ems said...

That is the right email address but I haven't had any messages from you; not ignoring you, promise!