Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This should be illegal!

After merrily perusing the knickers in M&S, I went to the tills to pay for six pairs. As I approach the counter I note it seems strange to have a young lad on the cashdesk in the middle of lingerie.

Then it hits me. I used to teach him. My heart sinks lower than you can imagine.

"You're not buying underwear are you, miss?"

"We are on the underwear floor. Is there another till up here?" I ask hopefully.

"No. You'll have to pay somewhere else."

"Well, I'm not paying for underwear with my carrots. Just stick them through the till."

"Aren't you embarrassed?"

"Yes, just get on with it."

"This should be illegal!" he declares.

5 comments:

Hobbit's Journal said...

Had you down as a thong girl...

coolbuddha said...

HOW embarrassing! But at least he knows that teacher does wear knickers...Oh dear, that doesn't help much does it. Nice colour by the way.

Shep said...

I have nothing to say...but couldn't avoid making my presence known on a post about girls pants!

Ashley said...

I once had to buy tampons at the D.C. National airport because I stupidly checked all of my supplies and they don't have any machines in the restrooms. For some reason, they don't have any tampons and they only sell the economy size box of maxi pads. To add to my frustration, they are on the top shelf behind the register at the newsstand next to the Samuel Adams Airport Pub -- which is literally 3 feet away from the cash register.

It was humiliating.

Anonymous said...

HEHE!