Sunday, January 29, 2006

Urgh

I got a morning out at the hospital on Wednesday (isn't life just full of fun?!).

I had to have a bronchoscopy - fibre optic telescope stuck up your nose, down your throat and into your lungs - as part of the tests to ascertain whether or not I have TB. Your throat gets sprayed with this viscious stuff that soon makes it go numb which is really rather alarming because it feels like you can't swallow. Something else gets squirted up your nose and if you're lucky you get a sedative as well. Apparently, it makes you a little drowsy. Thankfully, I went straight to sleep. I remember the consultant asking if it felt like I'd had one G&T too many and then I woke up in the ward.

1 comment:

coolbuddha said...

All I can say is "bloody well done" for getting through that. And your posts suggest that you are back in fine form. I hope the return to teaching goes well (you know it will: a teacher with a rare illness? As the kids will say: 'Great!').