Wednesday, August 01, 2007

All Change

I'm a skilled practitioner of overdoing it on the first day out after an illness.

A morning jaunt to Marylebone for the most beautiful bookshop in London - Daunt Books - and while I was there a couple of tarts from Patisserie Valérie.

Having been unable to do any training for my cycling trip we thought it best I get back on the bike. The afternoon saw us follow our familiar route down the A13 and up the Greenway and Lee Navigation. Except once you hit Stratford it's becoming less and less familiar faced with the march of progress - also known as the preparations for the 2012 Olympics.

I took this photo last year - you can just see the car yard on the right.


The cars have now gone. And the tell-tale blue hoarding has been erected.


Marshgate Lane would have vans, car and lorries moving about at all hours. Now it lies eerily empty but strangely so - there is a sense of purpose rather than decay.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daunt Books - I MUST visit now. My books come from Amazon mostly -

Ashley said...

I need a vacation. I whine a lot about needing one. I just need to do it. Even if it's just a mellow few days of reading!