Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Home or Away?
Ten reasons why holidaying at home is better than going abroad.
1. No need to change up your money.
2. Ditto buying insurance.
3. No two hours to kill at the airport (without
4. Days are not spent avoiding timeshare touts
and evenings dodging over-eager adolescents
whose sole purpose is to lure you into dodgy
bars for fluorescent shots and over-priced beer.
5. Thermos flask and sandwiches in a layby as
trucks hurtle past at 70mph vs airline meal at
a few hundred feet? No competition.
Only in England do you get:
6. 'I (heart) whippets' stickers on the back of ancient campervans.
7. places called Compton Pauncefoot and Ugborough.
8. people whiter than me.
And only in Cornwall:
9. genuine, tasty pasties.
10. St Austell beer.